The Edmonton Ladies’ Golf Association (ELGA) was formed in 1934 with five clubs: The Edmonton Country Club, The Municipal (Victoria), the Highlands Golf Club, the Mayfair Golf & Country Club and the Prince Rupert Golf Club. The Highlands Golf Club hosted the first ELGA tournament in 1935, called the City Golf Tourney. The tournament had two divisions, a silver and a bronze. The silver division championship was won by Mrs. H.A. Lowe of the Edmonton Country Club, and the bronze division championship by Mrs. John Michaels of the Mayfair.
Today, EGA Ladies Division. hosts the Edmonton Womens’ Amateur Championship including ladies, seniors, and super seniors.
In addition to the Edmonton Women’s’ Amateur Championship, we also organize ladies interclub competition including the Marshall Cup and the Podersky Cup.